Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Charming Korea

I left something off of my list: CELL PHONE CHARMS! My sweetie made the comment when I first arrived here that everyone has a cell phone, even kids. My reply was that it seems to be that way in the USA also. But, it is way more out of control here. Everyone on the phone, all the time! From the little 12 year old girls on up, they're all talking and they all have....cell phone charms. I'd never seen one until my friend Alicia got one on a trip out of state a few months ago. But, I'm telling you now that it seems to be an included accessory with your purchase of cell phone here. So, of course, I had to go buy one. Now, I just got a simple one which is a hand braided, discrete little knot of green and yellow. But, they have some elaborate decorative ones...check out these FOOD cell phone charms. Weird. Anyway, they have crazy big cell phones here that do all kinds of things. One looks like it pops out wings and I can only imagine...they play games, music, probably vid-phone, dunno. But, since the headquarters of Samsung is here, I shouldn't be surprised, right?

No comments: